New Life’s CARE (Christ Anointed Relief Effort) is a ministry that takes place when divine resources meet human needs. Our priorities for assistance are New Life Family Worship Center members and St. Charles Parish. New Life’s CARE Ministry strives to model the love of God and to meet the needs of the broken and wounded citizens of St. Charles Parish. We act as a bridge to connect the resources of God’s people with the various needs and opportunities existing in our community. Our financial assistance may be limited to housing and utilities (electric, gas, and water), medication and nutritional assistance. Other needs will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
As an outreach ministry of New Life Family Worship Center, the CARE ministry seek to be an intentional, inclusive, engaged community working to eradicate the poverty of mind, body, and spirit. Therefore, we commit ourselves to being a significant voice in the community, working to touch the physical and spiritual needs of people from all walks of life.
In a matter of days following the earth quake in Haiti, our small church created a resource command center and sent two large shipments of much needed medical supplies to aid volunteer nurses, doctors, and medical staff. We thank and honor God for the opportunity to touch the lives of others as they try to put their lives back together.
Our outreach to Haiti helped us to realize that there was a huge need for community relief and outreach…not only in disaster situations…but in the struggle of everyday life as well. While New Life’s humble beginnings will never be forgotten, we honor God for all that He has in store for us!
…….for I was hungry and you gave me food,
I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink,
I was a stranger and you welcomed me,
I was naked and you gave me clothing,
I was sick and you took care of me,
I was in prison and you visited me.”
– Matthew, chapter 25
How do we meet needs?
- All of our efforts will be powered by prayer.
- We will focus our ministry on building relationships that will bring healing and transformation.
- We will be creative and aggressive in seeking opportunities for service.
- We will value individuals over objectives or programs.
- We will treat every person with dignity and respect.
- Every situation will be handled with both integrity and compassion.
- Our ministry staff will devote the vast amount of their time and resources to personal ministry.
- We will be good stewards of all resources available to us.
- All operations will be conducted in a moral, legal and ethical manner.
- This ministry will reflect a quality that is consistent with the God we serve.
- We will meet the needs of the community by ministering to the total man: Mind, Body, and Soul!
CARE Application (PDF) Click here to download the New Life Benevolent Application (PDF)